The applicants for membership in the Reform Union Club must meet the following criteria:
- They must be nominated as Club members by a current member of the Club and approved by the Managing Board;
- They must have a clear criminal record;
- The organisations and companies which the candidates have managed must never have been declared insolvent or bankrupt during their term of office;
- They must currently hold a high managerial post in a public or corporate organisation;
- They must spend at least 50% of their time in Bulgaria, with the exception of foreign members;
- They must not have a negative image in the business circles or society;
- They must have received no more than one negative vote from the members of the Managing Board or the members of the Club when their candidacy was put to the vote.